Programme Planning Sponsor
Overview of the role
As Programme Sponsor your primary role is to ensure that the Programme delivers the capabilities, outcomes and benefits of this Programme of Work (PoW). This will also include making sure there is the appropriate change management required to ensure the expected outcomes and benefits to the Movement are being realised. A more detailed description of the role is available in the recruitment pack.
The role is a volunteer member of the board. You will help to govern the delivery of the Programme Planning programme (two projects as outlined in this pack), which aims to help new and existing section leaders deliver quality programmes and our young people to gain better Skills for Life.
The Scouts Association is a promoter of equality and so we encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including those from ethnic minority groups or people with disabilities.
How to apply
Please read the recruitment pack, fill in the application form at the back, and return it to Rikki.Chahal@scouts.org.uk no later than Sunday 8th December. Please make sure that you read the experience section (pages 7 and 8) and make it clear in your application which specific skills or experiences you have, as well as how you meet the wider role requirements.
We are recruiting for these roles via an application and interview process. The search group will consist of (but not limited to) the following;
- Liam Burns, Chief Programme Officer and Senior Responsible Owner for the programme
- A member of the Portfolio Management Group
- The Project Manager for the programme
- The closing date for applications and nominations is Sunday 8th December.
- Shortlisting will take place by Friday 13th December.
- Interviews will take place in person, on Skype or by phone (depending on availability) between Monday 16th and Friday 20th December.
- Successful applicants are requested to start the role in January 2020 when we will provide you with a half day Induction at Gilwell Park.
- If you are successful in securing the role, the first meeting of the Programme Board will be all day on Saturday 14th March 2020 at Gilwell Park.
- If possible, please ensure that you are available for these date when applying.
If you would like any further information about the application process or the Sponsor role, or would like an informal conversation before applying, please contact Liam Burns, the Senior Responsible Owner for this Programme, by email at Liam.Burns@scouts.org.uk or by calling 07960 854526.
Sun, December 8, 2019, 11:59 PM