Independent Member of the Safety Committee
Why we need you
We need you to influence our important decisions. As an independent member, you’ll provide the Safety Committee and our members’ with your expert knowledge. Although this role is unpaid, we’ll pay you any reasonable expenses if it fits with our policy.
What you'll do
- Help the Safety Committee to make sure our safety polices keep protecting all young people and adults in Scouts.
- Make sure the polices take on board thoughts from young people, adult volunteers, parents and staff.
- Make sure all the processes for the Fatal Accident and/or Near Miss Inquires are met from start to finish.
- To help the Safety Committee make sure that volunteers are using our safety policies locally.
- Think about how we can improve our safety activities.
- Help support our volunteers to know their roles in keeping everyone safe.
You may be a current member, may have been a member before or may have never heard of the Scouts. Either way you’ll still be able to apply, just as long as you agree with out vision and values. We’re also looking for someone who’s willing to make a positive difference to our current policies and the way we do things.
How you can join us
If you want to join us, all you’ll need to do is send us your CV and a supporting statement to let us know why you’re perfect for the role.
You can email both documents email@example.com or alternatively you can post it to: Governance, The Scouts, Gilwell Park, Chingford, London E4 7QW.
You’ll have to be quick though as applications close on 6 January 2019.
If you need to know a little more then please don’t hesitate to contact the Governance Team on 0208 433 7261.
Mon, January 6, 2020, 11:59 PM