Activity | Five-minute fillers week 9
No matter how prepared you are, when activities finish earlier than anticipated it can leave you wondering what to do with those spare five minutes. If you’re stuck for ideas, why not scare with a quick game of Killer Stare.
- ask your group to sit in a circle and look down at the floor in front of them
- tell them that they are all in danger of being caught by the killer stare
- the aim of the game is to avoid eye contact with anyone else when they are told to look up
- tell them all that when you say ‘up’ they must look up at one person without hesitating or changing their minds about who they are looking at
- shout ‘up’
- when they look up, any two people looking at each other have been struck by the killer stare and are out of the game
- ask those struck by the killer stare to leave the circle and everyone else to look down at the floor
- this continues until only one person is left in the circle. They are the winner
To make this game even more exciting, keep it fast-paced and inform anyone struck by the killer stare that they have to pretend to die a dramatic death before leaving the circle.