Blog |10 reasons to volunteer in Scouting
We asked our brilliant Scouts for reasons why their leaders are great and put them together to give you 10 reasons to volunteer.
1. There is always somebody to laugh at your terrible jokes.
‘He tells awful jokes, but they are so bad that you can’t help but like them’- Elenya
2. You adopt a new family that never stops extending.
‘They are not like my parents, they are like brothers and sisters to me.’ – Kamil
3. When you don’t feel like you’re good enough, there are people around you who think you’re the best!
‘He is amazing! He is always coming up with great ideas and is full of energy.’ - Tim
4. Your encouragement gives a young person hope.
‘They never give up on you!’ - Abbie
5. Your support can put a smile on a young person’s face when they are having a tough day.
‘They help me through some really hard times in my life and they make everything fun.’- Phoebe
6. By being you, you can teach others that it’s ok to be themselves.
‘He teaches me how to be myself’- Amir
7. By becoming a leader you can lead young people on the adventure of a lifetime.
‘My Scout Leaders took our group from doing barely anything, with nights just revolving around games to getting out and doing some truly amazing things.’- James
8. You become more than a volunteer, you become somebody’s mentor.
‘They give us advice and lots of cool opportunities’- Sofia
9. You develop relationships that stand the test of time.
‘My old Cub Leader is one of the most important people in my life, we have some of the most incredible memories at camps, coffee catch ups and so on. She’s someone that’s always filled with energy and wants the kids and herself to have so much fun! She’s simply incredible, I love her to the moon and back.’- Caitlyn
10. Your dedication to Scouting helps somebody to achieve awards!
‘They helped us get our Chief Scouts Gold (Award)’- Caroline
Inspired to volunteer? Join the adventure!