Craft | Create your own craft Christmas baubles
Winter is here and with it comes a flurry of festive fun. So break out the glitter and glue and deck the halls with these gorgeous glittery baubles!
You will need:
- Protective tablecloth or newspaper
- Glitter (in a range of festive colours)
- PVA glue
- Styrofoam balls
- Ribbon or twine
- Pearl head pins
What to do
1. Start by preparing the surface that you’re working on with an old tablecloth or with sheets or newspaper.
2. Using a paintbrush, cover half of the Styrofoam ball in PVA glue. Pour your chosen shade of glitter onto some newspaper and dab the part of the Styrofoam ball covered in glue into the glitter.
3. Leave the Styrofoam ball to dry for around two hours.
4. Once dry, cover the remaining area in PVA and glitter, leave to dry again for at least two hours.
5. To make the string that will enable your bauble to hang, cut a length of ribbon or twine, fold in half and knot. Place a pearl head pin through the knot and into the Styrofoam.
6. Hang in pride of place in your HQ or on your Christmas tree.
Let us know how you got on. Post your festive creations on our Facebook page.