Media and communications workshops for adults in Scouting
We are hosting a number of one day workshops for adults in Scouting who are interested in learning more about the media and communications.
By the end of the workshops participants will be able to:
- better understand and value the Scouting brand
- spot, craft and pitch a story to journalists
- write engaging and relevant content for members
- package content for the media (newspapers, online news, radio and TV) and members (websites, newsletters, social media and ad hoc publications)
- use a Scouting event to promote key messages
- obtain great quotes, videos and photos to communicate about Scouting
- make the best use of social media for their Scouting needs.
The workshops will run between roughly 9am and 4pm. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To book your place, please use the links to each date and venue below.
Book now Saturday 15 June 2013, Bradley Wood Scout Campsite and Activity Centre
Book now Saturday 21 September 2013, Castle Bromwich Scout Headquarters
Book now Saturday 5 October 2013, Gilwell Park Scout Activity Centre
Book now Saturday 1 February 2014, Fernycrofts Scout Activity Centre