Adjusting Scouting for Autism – practical advice and support
As part of our support to help you support young people with Autism, we're offering all leaders the opportunity to attend a webinar run by the UK commissioner for Inclusion and our team of Specialist Advisors for Inclusion. The webinar will give you Scout specific advice and support for practical application.
On the webinar we'll;
- Explore autism spectrum, signs & symptoms
- Practically identify and understand triggers, behaviours & an individual’s needs
- Give practical advice support and tips on supporting young people in the section
- Explain how to adjust Scouting to reasonably meet the needs of the young person
- Explain the Parent Carer Framework Agreement
- Signpost where to go for additional support
How do I join the webinar?
You'll be able to join the webinar on Monday 23 September from 7.30pm to 9.00pm.
You'll be able to join through the link below;
Then click the “Join the event” green button (a headset is recommended).