National Scout Active Support Unit Manager – National Scout Fellowship Security Team (NSFST)
NSFST is a Unit made up of Scouting members with an aim to provide service using the skills and knowledge of its adult volunteer members.
NSFST is a proactive Unit:
- Providing service to Scouting events.
- Enabling adult volunteers to use and share their skills and knowledge for the benefit of the young people in Scouting.
- Promoting co-operation and shared experiences between members.
- Building and maintaining contacts with other related organisations across the UK.
- Encouraging equal opportunities within Scouting.
The successful candidate will ideally need to have management experience, as well as excellent inter-personal skills and a desire to make a difference.
This role involves being responsible for the management, leadership and day to day running of the Unit and its members, to ensure the Unit fulfils its purpose and Service Agreement. You will work closely with the Volunteer Head of Scout Active Support and staff from the Volunteering Team at UK Headquarters.
You will complete a tri-annual review of the Unit’s Service Agreement, to ensure that the purpose and direction of the Unit is clearly defined, and that the Unit is accomplishing the targets set.
We are looking for someone who...
- can effectively manage a team of adult volunteers
- is an effective communicator
- has a proven track record in supporting adult members
- takes a proactive and positive approach
- can maintain relationships between national staff and volunteers
- is committed to supporting the Fundamentals and Vision of The Scout Association
- is prepared to engage with, and support The Scout Association’s Strategy: Skills for Life
- has a level of IT knowledge and understanding to effectively manage the team
If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 21 May 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a telephone interview. Interviews are expected to be held in the evening of Wednesday 30 May 2018.