- we will improve the recruitment and joining process for adults, including reviewing Appointments Advisory Committees
We know we need to recruit more volunteers if we’re to continue to grow. We also want to recruit and retain more adults from a diverse range of backgrounds so that our volunteer base reflects the demographics of our society.
Our volunteers have fed back that there is a need to review the Appointments Advisory Committees. We know the appointments process is inconsistent and often takes a long time. We want an efficient joining process that gets the right people into the right roles quickly
This initiative is in the planning phase.
Our focus will be on:
- making volunteering with Scouts compelling by demonstrating the value and benefits of volunteering
- improving the joining process for adults so new joiners progress quickly and seamlessly from enquiry to recruitment to training
- making sure we can recruit and support more adults from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Next steps for volunteers
- There are currently no actions for volunteers