- we will ensure our training is simpler, aided by digital tools, and focused on providing the knowledge and skills a section team needs to deliver a challenging and adventurous programme
- we will provide better training for trainers and improve mentoring for new volunteers
Feedback from volunteers has highlighted a need to review and simplify the adult training with strong support for prioritising practical skills training for section teams so they can provide a challenging and adventurous programme.
We know that the validation process is widely seen as complex and daunting, and there are inconsistencies in the recognition of prior learning. We also know that volunteers want a combination of quality e-learning as well as face-to-face training especially in relation to practical skills.
In January 2017 we rolled out the new Managers and Supporters training, introducing a simpler validation system that assessed volunteers against core skills.
This initiative is currently in the planning stage and will be prioritised in 2019/20.
Next steps for volunteers
- There are currently no actions for volunteers apart from continuing to focus on delivering a quality programme.
- Use the new resource, Programme Support: A Guide for Scout Districts, that can be used at a County/Area/Region (Scotland) or District level to support Section Leaders by running practical skills training events.
- You can sign up online to get involved in a community of interest who share a passion for improving our volunteer journey.