- adaptable, ready-made programmes, designed in partnership with adult volunteers and young people, will be available
We want more young people to achieve the top awards in Scouting because we know this will help prepare more young people with the skills they need to succeed in life and make a positive impact on society.
A challenging and adventurous programme is crucial to what we do and we know more support is needed. 'Off the shelf' programmes will help Section Leaders, particularly those new to Scouting, to deliver a programme that will continue to attract and retain young people.
- We are collating and creating high quality, off the shelf material. We have started with Cubs as it has the most readily available content and other sections will follow.
- An online digital tool is being developed in stages, allowing more complex abilities to be added over the time of the project.
- We have launched new resources with our current A Million Hands partners, and our Community Impact Group has been exploring which new partners will work with us from Summer 2019.
Our focus will be on:
- providing ready-made programmes that focus on achieving the top award for each section
- reviewing and improving content for the Cubs section (8-10½) to make it more attractive for this age range
- supporting Districts to be able to provide adventurous activities
Next steps for volunteers
- Continue your focus on delivering quality programmes.
- Use the resource, Programme Support: A Guide for Scout Districts, to support Section Leaders deliver quality programmes.
- Use the Quality Programme Checker to assess and improve the quality of your programme.
- Read the guides to the Skills for Life plan that is most relevant to your role.