- we will equip Section Leaders (particularly those new to Scouting) with the practical skills and knowledge needed to deliver a challenging and adventurous programme
A challenging and adventurous programme is crucial to what we do, it will attract and retain more young people, and will prepare them with the skills they need to succeed in life and make a positive impact on society.
Vital to the delivery of the programme are the leaders who organise the activities and provide coaching and support to young people to help them achieve their top awards. Section Leaders should be supported through digital tools, programme resources and training in practical Scouting skills.
This initiative will be prioritised in 2018/ 19.
Our focus will be on:
- equipping Section Leaders with practical skills
- supporting Section Leaders with the digital tools, programme resources and equipment they need
- recognising and championing Section Leaders in their vital role in developing young people
Next steps for volunteers
- There are currently no actions for volunteers apart from continuing to focus on delivering quality programmes.
- Use the new resource, Programme Support: A Guide for Scout Districts, to support Section Leaders deliver quality programmes.
- Use the Quality Programme Checker to assess and improve the quality of your programme.
- Read the guides to the Skills for Life plan that is most relevant to your role.