The ultimate challenge
Get involved with the development and growth of Scouting by taking part in a challenge event on our behalf.
The Scout Association Credit Card
The Scout Association Credit Card, provided by MBNA, helps us raise valuable funds.
As our only official credit card, it supports Scouting with an initial contribution if you use your card within the first 90 days of opening the account and further contributions whenever you use it to make purchases.
By using it for everyday purchases – like buying lunch, doing the weekly shopping and filling up your car – you are not only supporting us financially but also increasing awareness of Scouting.
Every time you make a purchase with your Scout Association Credit Card, you will be helping to provide adventurous activities and personal development opportunities for 400,000 young people aged between 6 and 25. Best of all, this is at no extra cost to you.
- £40 when you use your card within 90 days of the account opening
- 25p for every £100 you spend on card purchases
- £2 for every year your account remains open and active.
Benefits to members
The card depicts a modern image of Scouting and comes with attractive rates and great benefits too:
- 0% for up to 12 months, from the date your account is opened, on balance transfers, made in the first 90 days of account opening (3% handling fee)
- 0% for up to 12 months, from the date your account is opened, on money transfers into your current account in the first 90 days of account opening (4% handling fee)
- 0% on card purchases for 3 months, from the date your account is opened
- No annual fee
- Free 24-hour Customer Helpline
- Free fraud protection*
- Online Card Services – this account is set up with paperless statements. To access your statement simply enroll with our Online Card Services, where you'll also be able to check your balance, transaction history, view your PIN, manage your Direct Debits, balance transfers and much more.
Representative example 16.9% p.a. variable on card purchases. This is equivalent to 16.9% APR representative variable based on a credit limit of £1,200.
It all adds up to a great deal for you.
Apply for a Scout Association Personal Credit Card or call 0800 028 2440 and quote 'The Scout Association'.
*If your card is lost or stolen, you’ll incur no liability for fraudulent use of your card provided you notify us as soon as you realise your card is missing or you notice any unusual transactions on your account.
Promotional rates will no longer apply from the beginning of any statement period during which you have breached your terms and conditions, for example if you haven't made the minimum payment on time or have exceeded your credit limit. You cannot transfer balances between MBNA accounts.
The 'The Scout Association Credit Card' is issued by MBNA Limited. Registered Office: Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in England number 2783251. MBNA Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009, Register Number: 204487 for the provision of payment services, and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for general insurance business. MBNA's consumer credit activities are licensed by the Office of Fair Trading.
Credit is available, subject to status, only to UK residents aged 18 or over. Calls may be monitored and/or recorded for quality and training purposes and for compliance with regulations.
Scout Community Week
Get involved with our biggest fundraising event of the year and 'do 1 thing' to make a difference.
There are loads of ways to get involved and help Scouting.