25 rainproof boredom busters to keep your Group occupied
If January continues to live up to its rainy reputation, then you may be needing a few sleet and snow day activities to get you and your Scouts through the drizzle this month. Fear not, here are 25 weatherproof boredom busters to keep your young people entertained.
1. Build a rain gauge and record the results
2. Host an indoor snowball fight
3. Make story stones, and share your tales by torchlight
4. Build your own percussion band, using these DIY singing straws
5. Create your own stopanimation movie, using a smartphone and some props
6. Make paper ice creams and pretend it's still Summer
7. Construct a cityscape within a shoebox
8. Serve up some rainbow toast and tea to brighten the room
9. Camp indoors! Your young people could even build a blanket fort to hide in
10. Make your own thermometers and measure the chill together
11. Play a game of human hungry hippos
12. Worries begone! Make your own stress balls and thinking putty
13. Have an edible raft sailing competition
14. Fly a paper helicopter together, and learn about how it works
15. Clear some space and play a classic game of jungle crossing
16. Make a human knot and work together to untangle it
17. Spark joy and sharpen attention spans with the simple mindfulness exercises! They're perfect if you're learning about mental wellbeing for A Million Hands, too
18. Wrap up warm and go for a refreshing winter walk
19. Try your hand at making some rain art
20. January blues? Relax with this story yoga activity
21. Create your own upliftingly scented soaps!
22. Make creatures from thin air, with these inventive shadow puppets
23. Got access to a fridge at your meeting place? Grow your own crystals in a cup!
24. Arrange to do some winter volunteering to help the communtity
25. Build a fruit salad solar system, and learn about the wonders of the Universe!