#amillionhands | The water collection device challenge
Have a go at the water collection device challenge with your Cubs, Scouts and Explorers. They'll learn more about WaterAid's work as they design and build their own water collection devices.
- 30 minutes
- Plastic cups.
- Tea bags.
- Paper clips.
- Paper bags.
- Plastic bags.
- Kitchen roll.
- Cardboard tubes.
- Plastic bottles.
- Coloured pens/pencils.
What to do:
- Provide a set of materials for each small group (or to individuals if preferred)
- Explain that they are being challenged to invent a water collection device.
- They can only use the materials that they have been given.
- Each group/individual needs to decide how their device will collect water, where the water will come from, how the water can be dispensed for use and what the device is called.
- They must remember that the invention must be simple to make and use. It can be wacky and imaginative, but must have a clear purpose.
- Form an adult volunteer panel to judge each invention.
This activity links with the following badges: