Activity | Five-minute fillers week 12
No matter how prepared you are, when activities finish earlier than anticipated it can leave you wondering what to do with those spare five minutes. If you’re stuck for ideas, tell them there's a hidden bogie lurking in the room and they'll need to run away before it touches them. It's their new favourite: The Explosive Bogie Game!
The Explosive Bogie Game:
1. Choose four volunteers and take them to one side.
2. Whisper ‘bogie’ into one of the volunteers’ ear and ‘not you’ into the other three volunteers’ ears.
3. Tell the volunteers to re-join the group without telling anybody (including each other) whether they are a ‘bogie’ or not.
4. Inform the group as a whole that one of the volunteers is a ‘bogie’ and that when you shout ‘sneeze’ everyone must remain where they are (including the bogie).
5. If the bogie can reach out and touch them while they are stood still, they are out of the game.
6. Tell the group to walk around the room and after a while shout 'sneeze!'
7. The bogie cannot move their feet but they can reach out and touch people around them.
8. Those who are in reach of the bogie have to leave the circle and are out of the game, the rest can stay and the game continues.
9. Take the volunteers to the side once more and choose a new 'bogie'.
10. Continue from instruction number 2 until there is only one person left (apart from the last bogie). They are the winner.
Want to make it harder? Limit the area the game is played in. Anyone outside of the perimeter is out.
Need some more inspiration? Check out our latest set of #BoredomBusters!