Activity | Five-minute fillers week 11
No matter how prepared you are, when activities finish earlier than anticipated it can leave you wondering what to do with those spare five minutes. If you’re stuck for ideas, why not blow off some steam with a quick game of Chair Relay.
- Split your Scouts into groups of around five and get them all standing at one end of your hall/field.
- Every Scout grabs a chair and stands on it.
- Each group tries to get from one end of the hall to the other without touching the ground.
- If a person does touch the ground, their whole group has to take their chairs back to the start.
- The easiest way to do this is to get your two smallest Scouts standing on one chair at the end, and passing the chair left over to the front and moving forward as a group.
- The first whole group to the finish line wins.
Top tip: You can steal other group’s chairs if you get close enough, but be careful you don’t fall off!