Activity | Five-minute fillers week 10
No matter how prepared you are, when activities finish earlier than anticipated it can leave you wondering what to do with those spare five minutes. If you’re stuck for ideas, why not blast some of that excess energy with a game of Total Wipeout.
- Ask all young people to stand in a large circle around the volunteer.
- Use a rope with a radius slightly longer than that of the circle, and that is slightly weighted at one end.
- The volunteer spins the rope around from the centre of the circle and the young people have to jump over the free, weighted end.
- The volunteer should spin the rope faster and higher as the game progresses.
- Anyone who doesn't manage to jump above the rope is out and must sit at the side.
- The last one standing (or rather jumping the rope) wins.
Top tip: Take it in turns to spin the rope as this game can make you very dizzy!