News | Let the adventure begin
There’s an exciting line up of events at National Scout Activity Centres this year.
There are courses, events, open days and improved facilities across National Scout Activity Centres throughout 2015.
New tented villages will be available from May, providing the perfect summer camp for you and your Group. There will be space for 30 young people and four adults in eight bell tents, complete with comfortable mattresses and electric lanterns; there will also be group tents available. The tented villages will be at Great Tower, Downe, Hawkhirst, Gilwell Park, Woodhouse Park and Youlbury.
Fundays, which features activities specifically tailored to Beavers, Cubs, Rainbows and Brownies, will return to Gilwell Park, London and Woodhouse Park, Gloucester on 20-21 June. Activities include aerial runways, high ropes, water slides, grass sledging, a fairground and bouncy castles - find out more.
The notorious Gilwell 24 is back 10-12 July, which features non-stop activities for Explorers and senior section members aged 14-18. Attendees will get the chance to try flying trapeze, white water rafting, quad bikes and scuba diving – find out more about Gilwell 24.
Other exciting events include:
Guide to adventure
Make sure you check out the Programme, Training and Event Guide 2015. This essential guide to all things adventure includes a wide range of practical, skills-based and permit courses. From camp craft practical skills, to archery, emergency aid, hillwalking permits and raft building – there’s something to suit everyone.
There are hundreds of adventures available across the nine Scout Activity Centres; you can attend a free open event to find out more:
- Hawkhirst, Kielder Water, Northumberland – Friday 6 March and Saturday 7 March,10am and 4pm. Call Angela on 01434 250217 or email email@example.com
- Youlbury, Oxford – Tuesday 17 March, Saturday 20 June, Tuesday 15 September,10am and 4pm. Call Kathy on 01865 326264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Woodhouse Park, South Gloucestershire – Tuesday 10 March, Saturday 13 June, Tuesday 22 September, 10am and 4pm. Call Sandra on 01454 613006 or email email@example.com
- Great Tower, Cumbria – Saturday 31 January to Sunday 1 Feb. Call Donna on 01539 531279 (booking is essential).
- Downe, Kent – Tuesday 3 March or Thursday 17 September, 10am and 4pm. Call Sarah on 01959 572121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find out more information on Facebook.