Media and communications workshops
We are hosting a number of one-day workshops for adults in Scouting who are interested in learning more about the media and communications.
By the end of the workshops participants will be able to:
- better understand and value the Scouting brand
- spot, craft and pitch a story to journalists
- write engaging and relevant content for members
- package content for the media (newspapers, online news, radio and TV) and members (websites, newsletters, social media and ad hoc publications)
- use a Scouting event to promote key messages
- obtain great quotes, videos and photos to communicate about Scouting
- make the best use of social media for their Scouting needs
The workshops will run between roughly 9am and 4pm. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To book your place, please use the links to each date and venue below.
Book now Saturday 21 September 2013, Castle Bromwich Scout Headquarters
Book now Saturday 5 October 2013, Gilwell Park Scout Activity Centre
Book now Saturday 1 February 2014, Fernycrofts Scout Activity Centre