New Scouting skills book from Haynes
A brand new, hands-on book of Scouting skills launches this month. The Outdoor Adventure Manual: Essential Scouting skills for the Great Outdoors is ideal for any adult or young person wanting to improve their outdoor know-how.
Introduced by Bear Grylls, this inspirational manual is just as useful for planning a day’s hike as camping in the back of beyond.
Going further than any previous book, there are sections on survival, wild camping, knots and lashing and first aid advice approved by the Red Cross.
Featuring over 30 outdoor projects including how to build a tipi and A-frame shelter, plus step-by-step guides to a range of key backwoods skills such as navigating, camping, fire lighting and cooking, it is backed by hundreds of colour photographs.
- Camping: tents, wild camping, shelters, planning and packing.
- Food: wild plants, foraging, fishing, backwoods cooking, outdoor ovens.
- The world around you: geography, environment, weather and wildlife.
- Navigation: using the sun and stars, maps, compasses and GPS.
- Fires and firelighting: quite simply all you need to know.
- Knots untangled: knots, lashings and pioneering projects.
- Safety and first aid: dealing with emergency situations.
Available from scouts.org.uk/shop at a special Scout price of £14 (RRP £21.99). Sneak preview available here: