Welcome to the new-look homepage
Refreshed Scouting site
The website has been enhanced to make the Scouting online experience much more streamlined and easier for visitors to find essential site content. There is a new area for parents including better targeted news and content updates. For people interested in getting involved in the adventure of Scouting, joining information is now much easier to find.
Benefits for members
Your refreshed website makes the Scouting online experience much more streamlined and easier for you to navigate to essential site content. The improved design also takes into account member feedback. And, as many Scouting volunteers are on the move and need to access the site while out and about, it is now more suitable for viewing on tablets and mobile phones. A large amount of out-of-date content has also been removed from the site.
Sign in and get personal
For members, the site is even more personalised. By using your membership number to register as a user and signing in, you will see information that is much more relevant to you and your Scouting role. Plus, there’s a whole host of extra content for members and various tools to enhance your Scouting experience.
If you haven’t registered yet, simply click Sign in and Register now. Then fill in the required information to claim your account. You will need the membership number that appears on your appointment card. If you have an account, click Sign In and use the username and password you have always used to sign in to the website.
Members-only special features
Once you’ve logged in, extra features for members include:
- My details – view and edit your personal Scout record, view your roles, awards and training.
- My tools – find members-only resources including adding or searching any members you are responsible for, programmes online (the award-winning programme planning tool) reports and the print centre, where you can create personalised on-brand materials to promote Scouting.
- Member resources – it’s in the same place so you can find it easily to access resources to help you safely run and manage Scouting.
- News and Views – for notices for members, policy updates, events, important dates and member surveys.
- Featured resource and most popular section – generated by what adults in similar roles to you have found most helpful.
- Offers – includes discounts, competitions and deals that are exclusive to members as well as certain packages that we think may be of interest to you.
You can also access Scouting magazine online and read the UK Chief Commissioner’s blog. There are so many reasons to grab your user account and sign in to scouts.org.uk.
More to come
The current website developments are part of an ongoing phased plan of site improvements. The plans include enhancing the search function and improving the structure of member resources content, due for the autumn.
A guided tour of the new site will be available shortly.