National Scout Active Support Unit Manager - Scout Content Active Support Unit
We are recruiting for a Manager for one of our newest National Scout Active Support Units, Scout Content Active Support Unit. A Scout Active Support Unit is a resource for adult volunteers to develop Scouting and is focused on a particular area of need or interest.
Scout Content Active Support will be a proactive Unit, offering support to locally and nationally organised Scout events, providing video and photography services and editorial services for printed or digital collateral distributed to participants at the event (for example a printed newsletter or an event specific social media account).
This person needs to have management experience, as well as excellent inter-personal skills and a desire to make a difference.
This role involves being responsible for the management, leadership and day to day running of the Unit and its members, to ensure the Unit fulfils its purpose and Service Agreement. You will work closely with the Scout Active Support Manager and staff in the Volunteering Team and Communications Directorate at UKHQ.
You will complete an annual review of the Unit’s Service Agreement, to ensure that the purpose and direction of the Unit is clearly defined, and that the Unit is accomplishing the targets set.
We are looking for someone who...
- can effectively manage a team of adult volunteers
- is an effective communicator
- takes a proactive and positive approach
- can maintain relationships between national staff and volunteers
- is committed to supporting the Fundamentals and Vision of The Scout Association
- is prepared to engage with and support The Scout Association’s Communications’ Strategy: Skills for Life
- has a level of IT knowledge and understanding in the area of digital content creation
More detailed information on the role can be found here.
If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 13th February 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a telephone interview. Interviews are expected to be held within the week beginning 6th March 2017. The application form for this role can be found here.