National Scout Active Support Unit Manager - SAGGA
We are recruiting for a Manager for one of our National Scout Active Support Units, The Scout and Guide Graduate Association (SAGGA) Scout Active Support Unit. SAGGA is a Unit made up of both Scouting and Guiding members with an aim to provide service to both organisations using the skills and knowledge of its adult volunteer members.
SAGGA is a proactive Unit:
- Providing service to Scouting and Guiding.
- Enabling adult volunteers to use and share their skills and knowledge for the benefit of the young people in Scouting and Guiding.
- Promoting co-operation and shared experiences between members of both Scouting and Guiding.
- Building and maintaining contacts with other related organisations across the UK.
- Encouraging equal opportunities within the Scout and Guide Movements.
The successful candidate will ideally need to have management experience, as well as excellent inter-personal skills and a desire to make a difference.
This role involves being responsible for the management, leadership and day to day running of the Unit and its members, to ensure the Unit fulfils its purpose and Service Agreement. You will work closely with the National Scout Active Support Manager and staff from the Volunteering Team at UK Headquarters.
You will complete a tri-annual review of the Unit’s Service Agreement, to ensure that the purpose and direction of the Unit is clearly defined, and that the Unit is accomplishing the targets set.
We are looking for someone who...
- can effectively manage a team of adult volunteers
- is an effective communicator
- has a proven track record in supporting adult members
- takes a proactive and positive approach
- can maintain relationships between national staff and volunteers
- is committed to supporting the Fundamentals and Vision of The Scout Association and Girlguiding.
- is prepared to engage with and support The Scout Association’s Strategy: Skills for Life
- has a level of IT knowledge and understanding to effectively manage the team
More detailed information on the role can be found here.
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 26 February 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a telephone interview. Interviews are expected to be held on Monday 12March 2018.
The application form for this role can be found here.