Board of Trustees member - The Scout Association
The Board of Trustees shapes and approves the strategy of The Scout Association, ensuring that we are taking action to achieve the objectives of the strategy and that the Association is meeting its legal and financial obligations. The Board of Trustees is the Association's national decision-making body.
We are currently looking for new Board of Trustees members with specific skills from certain areas in the UK. Lack of board diversity has been highlighted as a concern by the Charity Commission of England and Walesm, and we particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates where we are under-represented. A recent skills audit of Board members identified that the Board would especially benefit from experience in fundraising, digital,
communications or legal and regulatory expertise.
This year there are four vacancies:
• One three-year vacancy from England South
• One three-year vacancy from England North
• One three-year vacancy from Northern Ireland
• One three-year vacancy for an Elected Youth Member
As a Board member you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- a record of proven and significant achievement in your own field
- an understanding of the type of work undertaken by The Scout Association and commitment to the values and ethos of the Association
- successful experience of operating on a board or a major committee in a charitable, public sector or commercial organisation
- demonstrable experience of building and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues to achieve organisational objectives
- confident and effective communication skills with a range of audiences and the ability to challenge in a constructive way
Further information about the Board of Trustees member role, as well as the nomination and election process can be found on the nominations website including a video in which the current Chair and other Board members talk about their roles.
If you have any queries contact the governance team on firstname.lastname@example.org