Assistant UK Youth Commissioner for Management
Are you confident, passionate and ready to get stuck in? If this sounds like you and you are up for a challenge, this role may be for you.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant UK Youth Commissioner for Management who will have the opportunity to work closely with our current UK Youth Commissioners to support 500,000 scouts from across the UK in becoming more Youth Shaped.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role* will be focussed on ensuring Explorer Scouts and Scout Network members have the skills and abilities to enable them to play an active part in the management of adults in Scouting. This includes:
• Young people and adults working in partnership as one team.
• Increased number of young people in management positions, supported by adults.
• Every District and County having an active and relevant Youth Commissioner appointed.
• Attitude and aptitude based appointments – the right person for the role. Young person not discriminated due to age.
• Flexible Scouting–opportunities for young people to shadow and learn about roles in Scouting.
• Increased awareness by young people of the management roles and what they do.
*Please note this role is specifically for young people aged 18-24 years old at the time of applying.
HOW TO APPLY
Interviews will take place at Gilwell Park on Sunday 28 May 2017, you will need to be available on this date from 10am - 4pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited to interview by Sunday 21 May 2017.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an induction weekend from Friday 9 - Sunday 11 June at Gilwell Park.
If you require any further information about the role, or would like an informal discussion about it, please contact Georgie Mavrakis (Senior International Officer) by telephone on 020 8433 7146 or by email at email@example.com