Assistant UK Youth Commissioner for Leadership
Are you confident, passionate and ready to get stuck in? If this sounds like you and you are up for a challenge, this role may be for you.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant UK Youth Commissioner for Leadership who will have the opportunity to work closely with our current UK Youth Commissioners to support 500,000 scouts from across the UK in becoming more Youth Shaped.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role* will be focussed on delivering the Leadership objectives of the Youth Shaped strategy to 2020 to ensure that young people are empowered and supported to move into leadership roles in Scouting. This includes:
• Young people and adults working in partnership treating each other as equals.
• Increased number of young people in Young Leader roles.
• Increased number of under 30s in Assistant and Section Leaders roles.
• Young people learning skills and gaining experience from older youth members and adults.
• Environments for meetings to be youth friendly including section meetings, District, County team meetings and appointments committees.
*Please note this role is specifically for young people aged 18-24 years old at the time of applying.
HOW TO APPLY
Interviews will take place at Gilwell Park on Sunday 28 May 2017, you will need to be available on this date from 10am - 4pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited to interview by Sunday 21 May 2017.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an induction weekend from Friday 9 - Sunday 11 June at Gilwell Park.
If you require any further information about the role, or would like an informal discussion about it, please contact Georgie Mavrakis (Senior International Officer) by telephone on 020 8433 7146 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org