Assistant UK Youth Commissioner for Governance
Are you confident, passionate and ready to get stuck in? If this sounds like you and you are up for a challenge, this role may be for you.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant UK Youth Commissioner for Governance who will have the opportunity to work closely with our current UK Youth Commissioners to support 500,000 scouts from across the UK in becoming more Youth Shaped.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role* will be focussed on ensuring young people play an active part in the Movement’s governance at all levels.
• Young people and adults working together without distinctions.
• Young people elected or appointed, as appropriate, inducted and mentored enabling meaningful inclusion in executive committees.
• Young people gaining transferable skills to increase their employability by taking part in governance structures.
• Young people choosing what is important to them and setting TSA’s stance on issues/topics.
• Young people are supported by adults and integrated into committees. Adults are comfortable with young people on committees, recognising that they are integral and not an add-on.
*Please note this role is specifically for young people aged 18-24 years old at the time of applying.
HOW TO APPLY
Interviews will take place at Gilwell Park on Sunday 28 May 2017, you will need to be available on this date from 10am - 4pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited to interview by Sunday 21 May 2017.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an induction weekend from Friday 9 - Sunday 11 June at Gilwell Park.
If you require any further information about the role, or would like an informal discussion about it, please contact Georgie Mavrakis (Senior International Officer) by telephone on 020 8433 7146 or by email at email@example.com