- adaptable, ready-made programmes, designed in partnership with adult volunteers and young people, will be available
We want more young people to achieve the top awards in Scouting because we know this will help prepare more young people with the skills they need to succeed in life and make a positive impact on society.
A challenging and adventurous programme is crucial to what we do and we know more support is needed. 'Off the shelf' programmes will help Section Leaders, particularly those new to Scouting, to deliver a programme that will continue to attract and retain young people.
This initiative will be prioritised in 2018/2019.
Our focus will be on:
- providing ready-made programmes that focus on achieving the top award for each section
- reviewing and improving content for the Scout section (10-14) to make it more attractive for this age range
- supporting Districts to be able to provide adventurous activities
Next steps for volunteers
- There are currently no actions for volunteers apart from continuing to focus on delivering quality programmes.
- Use the new resource, Programme Support: A Guide for Scout Districts, to support Section Leaders deliver quality programmes.
- Use the Quality Programme Checker to assess and improve the quality of your programme.
- Read the guides to the Skills for Life plan that is most relevant to your role.