Fashion Design Intern (Ref: 16/080)
Job title: Fashion Design Intern
Location: Scout Shops Ltd.
Hours: 35 hours per week Mon - Fri
Contract type: 8 week fixed term contract
Salary: £7.22 per hour
This is a great opportunity for a Design intern to join the Buying team at Scout Shops for a 6-8 week placement in summer 2017.
We operate from a busy office in Lancing, just outside Brighton, where we sell a large range of uniform, badges and camping equipment. In addition, we have an expanding range of casual clothing and accessories and the focus of this internship is to design several new casualwear ranges during your time with us and gain some valuable work experience. We are looking for a current student or recent graduate in Fashion Design (may consider Graphic Design) who must be able to CAD garments, accessories and gift items with Scout logos on Illustrator. You will also assist the Buying team by conducting trend research, creating colour palettes and mood boards. You will also help chase and prepare samples and design boards for sign off meetings.
The successful student will:
• Be working towards or have recently completed a degree in Fashion or Graphic Design
• Be able to show a recent design portfolio
• Have hands on Skills with Adobe Creative suite
• Be enthusiastic, self-motivated and be able to work well in a team
• Must have excellent attention to detail, good organisational skills and time management
• Must have a commercial awareness of trends and our customer profile
Please see below information pack for this role:
Fashion Design Intern
This will be a 35 hour week contract Mon-Fri at £7.22 per hour. Students should be available to work for 8 consecutive weeks between Mid June and Mid September.
Please write a short cover letter with your CV to explain why you are interested in this opportunity and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 10th February 2017
Interview date: TBC